We see it over and over again: The number-one challenge faced by every brand new internet business owner, is a lack of traffic and branding. Now, it is pretty obvious if your website is not getting any traffic, you are not getting any leads or sales to your business online.
What is worse that a website without traffic? Not being able to test out if your business and sales process is actually working! And if you are going to roll out a large campaign before you test of your site and make sure it converts your visitors to buyers, you risk losing sales and looking very unprofessional to new business partners and affiliates.
There are many SEO companies out there right now that claim they are the best. One leading Long Island SEO company called Mimvi SEO and targets local traffic while bringing your more business online.So, this leads to you being caught in this vicious cycle: This means, before you ramp up your traffic campaign, you are going to need to test your sales process, but without that vital traffic for testing, it is quite difficult – maybe impossible!
What I want to do is give you simple action plan that will show you some of the following:
- How to get cheap, instant traffic to your website so you can test out key components of your sales process—your sales copy, order form and navigation and opt0in offer. This should all be before you roll out a large scale traffic campaign.
Step 1. Get the traffic you need to test your website fast!
When I speak with new internet business owners, I always hear the same two questions most of the time.
- How do I test out my site?
- What do I do to test it out?
There are numerous number of things you can do to test on your site to help your online business to increase sales. This can be from layout to copy design, there are limitless combinations of changes that may improve your visitor-to-sale conversion rate. But what should you first start to focus on when you start?
- Sales copy, your headline, benefits, guarantee and call to action
- The order process, this needs to be simple enough for a typical web user to place an order
- Opt-in offer, so you can determine if you’re successfully capturing your visitors’ information
- The site navigation, so you can figure out how many clicks it takes to buy. Ideally it should take less than three.
Step 2: Get cost effective traffic quickly with PPC advertising:
Once you have tested your site with a small PPC budget and asses the traffic, the quickest way to ramp this up is to roll this out on a larger scale. Here are some good PPC engines to consider. We also suggest getting started with Google AdWords. You can really get instant traffic right off the bat, no waiting at all.
Step 3: Get free traffic from search engines like Google.
Getting you website ranked on google is not easy and many people struggle with this. Now, the best start to doing this is to submit or suggest your site to google. In other words, you have to provide them with details about your site. You want to make sure that the “spiders: automated program that craw the web can index your site and find it.
To submit or suggest your site to the major engines, follow the simple instructions they provide on these pages:
- For Google, go to www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
- For Yahoo Directory, go to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/suggest/
- For Yahoo! Search, go to http://submit.search.yahoo.com
- For MSN, go to http://search.msn.com/docs/submit.aspx
- For AOL, submit your site to the Open Directory Project, which uses ODP data. Here’s the link: http://dmoz.org/add.html
Step 4: Get links from high traffic websites
Link requests are minimal effort from your end and can benefit you in a huge way! If you get featured on a high traffic site in your niche, you will receive all the traffic that the site is getting and immediately increase your exposure online.
The best way to get started with this strategy is simple. You should follow this simple process every time. Let’s start by breaking it down.
- Do a Google search for your standard keywords–the ones that people generally use to find your site.
- Make detailed notes about the sites that appear regularly in the top ten listings for your major keywords.
- Use the Alexa Toolbar , LinkPopularity or Technorati to find out what other sites these sites are linking to, whose linking to them and how much traffic they’re receiving, then look up their contact information.
- When or before making contact, make sure you know the correct URL for the site, the URL of the sub-page on which you want your link to appear, the name of the site owner or webmaster, the date you last visited their site, and a brief description of the contents of the site.
So, that is pretty much the basic idea of what you need to know and follow. Okay, now let’s talk about the ultimate way to build links.
Step 5: Get thousands of websites to promote your business for free through Affiliate traffic.
Let’s image hundreds of thousands websites promoting you online and your brand or service. Without spending a dime on advertising or hiring anyone…You can do this and it what is called “Affiliate Marketing.”
Affiliate programs–also referred to as “reseller” or “associate” programs–are a great way to get other people (called “affiliates”) to promote your product or service for you. For every paying customer your affiliates refer to your site, you pay them a commission. And since you only pay when you make money, it’s an extremely low-risk option.
Here is how it works: Your affiliates send visitors to your site using banners ads, text links and will get tracked in an affiliate software that you will monitor. You can see who your best affiliates are and where the most traffic is coming from. On top of this, you can pay out your top guys and offer incentives for more traffic. With this all being said, this is huge tool to offer online and can be great in the future of your company.
It is pretty clear that we covered the ground work that is needed to build some solid traffic to your website. As well as increasing your brand and business growth for the future of your online business. What I have given here is a simple road map that you can follow and expand on.